Does SENDER_NOCHECK="1" in tcp.smtp mean that all aspects of chkuser get bypassed when coming from that specific IP?

I've been trying to implement this feature and having trouble getting any entry in tcp.smtp to bypass the chkuser rules.

My current tcp.smtp is

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",SENDER_NOCHECK="1"
x.x.x.x:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",SENDER_NOCHECK="1"

If I send to a bogus recipient from one of those IPs I still get the typical chkuser response that recipient doesn't exist. I guess I would have expected it to bypass chkuser and bounce telling me that user doesn't exist. Is this incorrect logic?

Thanks.

Anthony