I'll just reply to my own post ... Going back to read the original post
where all my questions are answered! :)  Been a long day!

How about having your maildrop script echo it's environment out to a
text file in /tmp.  Also how about appending any local variables to that
file as well.  Just a way to check and make sure they're all setup
correctly.

Charlie