gentoo is great, but the developers handleing the ebuilds for vpopmail and
qmail need to freakin chill on the custom crap... I see it as forcing me to
go from source on everything.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henti Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vchkpw@inter7.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:15 PM
Subject: [vchkpw] mail relay problems ...

> This is pretty much in responce to Jeffrey A Schmidt's mail called "can't
relay any more" posted on Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:28:34 -0700

> Jeffrey,
>
> Gentoo has once again made HUGE changes to a package without informing
it's users thereof before allowing the package to install.

> this is from the ebuild :
>
> einfo "Use of vpopmail's tcp.smtp[.cdb] is also deprecated now, consider"
> einfo "using net-mail/relay-ctrl instead."
>
> incase you're wondering what this means ...
>
> from the install section:
>
>     econf \
> ##SNIP##
>         --disable-tcp-rules-prog --disable-tcpserver-file --disable-roamin
g-users \
>         || die
>
>     # TCPRULES for relaying is now considered obsolete, use relay-ctrl
instead

#--enable-tcprules-prog=/usr/bin/tcprules --enable-tcpserver-file=/etc/tcp.s
mtp \
>     #--enable-roaming-users=y --enable-relay-clear-minutes=60 \
>     #--disable-rebuild-tcpserver-file \
>
> They have disabled roaming users aka relaying in vpopmail. You need to
emerge relay-ctrl instead.
> Or work around this ..
>
> for a howto : http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_QMAIL_RELAY-CTRL_VPOPMAIL
>
> --
> Henti Smith
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> +27 82 958 2525
> http://www.geekware.co.za
>
> DISCLAIMER :
>
> Unauthorised use of characters, images, sounds, odors, severed limbs,
noodles, wierd dreams, strange looking fruit, oxygen, and certain parts of
Jupiter are strictly forbidden.  If I find you violating, or molesting my
property in any way, I will employ a pair of burly convicts to find you,
kidnap you, and perform god-awful sexual experiments on you until you lose
the ability to sound out vowels.  I don't know why you are still reading
this, but by doing so you have proven that you have far too much time on
your hands, and you should go plant a tree, or read a book or something.