Chris Godwin wrote:

All I know is that I installed simscan and chose clamav as the viral
scanner. The error message that shows as follows:
odin clamav # clamscan
LibClamAV Warning: ********************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: ***  This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated.  ***
LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/faq.html ***
LibClamAV Warning: ********************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: ********************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: ***  This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated.  ***
LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/faq.html ***
/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log: OK
/var/log/clamav/clam-update.log: OK
which is from clamscan NOT freshclam is read by simscan as an error when
using custom smtp rejection compiled in. Not answering your question as why
these things happen. Just stating that they just happen.
Strange,

inexia1:/var/src# clamscan
/var/src/linux-2.4.27.tar.bz2: OK