On Thursday 30 June 2005 04:31 pm, James McMillan wrote:
> Ok, just for fun...   I chmod -R 777 the postmaster dir.
>
> Then I logged in, and sent a mail, and back, then checked the new
> permissions.
>
> Now the directory shows uid 89, which is my old mailservers uid for
> vpopmail.  The new server's vpopmail uid 1008.
>
> It seems that the uid is statically compiled somewhere....  I just don't
> know where.

it's in the /var/qmail/users/assign file.

Generally when you migrate between systems you should make sure all relevant
information (uids, paths to binaries/directories, etc) are all the same as
they were on the old system.  Otherwise you will have problems like the one
you are experiencing now.

-Jeremy

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
          GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ qmail wiki @ qmailwiki.org !!