Hello everyone,

I have a pop-before-smtp server running vpopmail 5.4.5. That server only serves
clients that supply a valid login/password pair.
Some clients, however, started abusing this system by sending tons of spam
which gets us blacklisted in various RBL DBs.
what I'm trying to do is use CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT option to at least limit the
number of emails that gets sent at once.

it seems like for that I need to have the following line in tcp.smtp.cdb for
every entry: RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT"<some number>"
since vpopmail only creates RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="" - it seems like the only
way is to hack vpopmail.c around line 2526.

another way is to hack chkuser to hardcode some value to
CHKUSER_RCPT_LIMIT_VARIABLE instead of looking at the env variable from the cdb
file.

which way should I go? I don't think I'll have a problem modifying either
source code, since it seems like a pretty straightforward change.

am I missing some other, simplier way?

--
Igor