Anton Butsyk wrote:
Hi list!

I've setup netqmail (http://qmail.org/netqmail/)
with toaster patch (http://shupp.com/patches/qmail-toaster-0.7.2.patch.bz2)
on FreeBSD 5.4 with vpopmail (check user patch), courier-imap, sqwebmail
(full toaster but without virus scanner at all) for network about 3k
users.

This is qmail-smtpd/run script:

First thing I would do is add a space between the -r switch and the rbl you want to look up, do you have a space between your -x switch and you cdb path? Do you have your stderr and stdout redirects in your run script? See below.

Then, what do the logs for qmail-smtpd tell you?

Try running without rblsmtpd.

Can you find your RBLs? (is dns working).

DAve

#!/bin/sh
exec 2>&1
QMAIL="/var/qmail"
ME=$(head -1 $QMAIL/control/me)
PATH="$QMAIL/bin:$PATH"
USER=${USER:="qmaild"}

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 5000000 \
     /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -DURl $ME
-x$QMAIL/control/qmail-smtpd.cdb -u "qmaild" 0 smtp \
    ^ space missing?
     /usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd \
     /usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd -rbl.spamcop.net \
                                ^ space missing?
     /usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd -rlist.dsbl.org \
                                ^ space missing?
     /usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd -rcbl.abuseat.org \
                                ^ space missing?
     $QMAIL/bin/qmail-smtpd
                              ^ add " 2>&1" at the end of your script.

everything work but 40 qmail-smtpd processes (or less nevermind) eat my
CPU time up to 100 %
(CPU states: 94.5% user,  0.0% nice,  3.1% system,  2.3% interrupt,  0.0%
idle)

Please tell me is it normal?
Or it's time to switch to exim? Please help.

Regards,

Anton Butsyk