Hello List,

On Monday, July 4, 2005 at 11:47:36 PM patrick wrote:

> I'm using qmail and vpopmail and just patched up with smtp-auth,

Which SMTP-AUTH-patch?

> I'm using "/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw" in my "~/qmail-smtpd/run"-script...

Please post complete run script because parameter order matters.

> While using Outlook Express to send emails over my server
> everything works like it should work when I select "Server uses
> authentification" (server denies to send mail with wrong password),
> but if I DON'T select "Server uses auth.." my server just sends
> everything via smtp...

Might you have still compiled "roaming users" relay control into your
vpopmail? Might your Outlook Express have POP3-authenticated while you
were testing SMTP-AUTH and your IP therefore still be allowed to
relay?

> How comes checkpassword in that?

What?

> I haven't installed this cmd5check...something-tool... Do I need to?

What 'cmd5check...something-tool'?
I can't remember any 'cmd5check...something-tool' regarding to
vpopmail.
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

I belong to no organized party - I am a democrat.