>Hello List,
>On Monday, July 4, 2005 at 11:47:36 PM patrick wrote:
>> I'm using qmail and vpopmail and just patched up with smtp-auth,
>Which SMTP-AUTH-patch?

I'm using Version 0.31

>> I'm using "/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw" in my "~/qmail-smtpd/run"-script...
>Please post complete run script because parameter order matters.
My script:

QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail`
NOFILESGID=`id -g vpopmail`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
LOCAL=`head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`

if [ -z "$QMAILDUID" -o -z "$NOFILESGID" -o -z "$MAXSMTPD" -o -z "$LOCAL" ];
echo QMAILDUID, NOFILESGID, MAXSMTPD oder LOCAL ist nicht gesetzt in
echo /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run
exit 1

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 4000000 \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -l "$LOCAL" -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
-u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd \
koneg.de /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true 2>&1

>> While using Outlook Express to send emails over my server
>> everything works like it should work when I select "Server uses
>> authentification" (server denies to send mail with wrong password),
>> but if I DON'T select "Server uses auth.." my server just sends
>> everything via smtp...
>Might you have still compiled "roaming users" relay control into your

How can I check that?

Might your Outlook Express have POP3-authenticated while you
>were testing SMTP-AUTH and your IP therefore still be allowed to

I don't think so... I restartet Outlook Express with wrong Password-Settings
for POP3, an tried to send mail without getting the pop-box before... it still
works without auth.

>> How comes checkpassword in that?
>> I haven't installed this cmd5check...something-tool... Do I need to?
>What 'cmd5check...something-tool'?
>I can't remember any 'cmd5check...something-tool' regarding to

I read in several manuals that they use cmd5checkpw or the checkpassword-tool
with smtp-auth. But as far as I understood vchkpw should do the job... but
maybe not? Is there anyway to solve this problem in vpopmail?

With hopefull regards
Patrick Gehm