On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 17:50:17 EDT
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> vpopmail   4417  0.0  0.2  3500 1176  ?        S     00:05   0:00
> /var/qmail/bin/qm
> qscand    4418   0.0  0.7  8984 3988 ?         S    00:05   0:00
> /usr/bin/perl -T

Hello, is it qmail-scanner calling spamassassin for every qmail-queue
process spawned? If this is your case, depending on your hardware
resources and email traffic, increasing incoming / local / remote /
concurrency limits is the perfect method of bringing your system down
to its knees, and below :)
If I were you, I should first reconfigure qmail-scanner to not use
spamassassin at all, I'd call SA only for local delivery. After all,
would you like to have your outgoing mails marked (even accidentally)
as spam? Don't think so ;)
I could never understand why on earth would any reasonable admin call a
perl program from another perl program for every message delivered by a
mailserver.

--
Adi Pircalabu (PGP Key ID 0x04329F5E)

For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/