I started writing an email to the list asking for help, and in the process I found a solution. I figured I'd share the solution, as others might benefit from it as well.

A spammer exploited a formmail script on my server to send a bunch of spam to aol users. As a result, AOL has temporarily blacklisted my IP address. I was able to clean up the remaining spam in the queue, but now legitimate email to aol.com was getting deferred.

My server (Linux FC3) has a secondary IP on it's network interface, so I tried to find a way to route outbound mail via that IP instead of the primary (blacklisted) IP.

The solution was actually quite simple and clean. I added a route for AOL's mailserver netblocks to the server's routing table and told them to use interface eth0:0 instead of eth0. Substitute your server's actual gateway for 123.45.67.89 and the netblocks you want to re-route for 64.12.0.0 and 205.188.0.0.

# route add -net 64.12.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 gw 123.45.67.89 dev eth0:0 # route add -net 205.188.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 gw 123.45.67.89 dev eth0:0

In about a day or so (once the blacklisting is over), I'll delete the routes.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: sniffter.com