I started writing an email to the list asking for help, and in the
process I found a solution. I figured I'd share the solution, as
others might benefit from it as well.
A spammer exploited a formmail script on my server to send a bunch of
spam to aol users. As a result, AOL has temporarily blacklisted my IP
address. I was able to clean up the remaining spam in the queue, but
now legitimate email to aol.com was getting deferred.
My server (Linux FC3) has a secondary IP on it's network interface, so
I tried to find a way to route outbound mail via that IP instead of the
primary (blacklisted) IP.
The solution was actually quite simple and clean. I added a route for
AOL's mailserver netblocks to the server's routing table and told them
to use interface eth0:0 instead of eth0. Substitute your server's
actual gateway for 188.8.131.52 and the netblocks you want to re-route
for 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
# route add -net 18.104.22.168 netmask 255.255.0.0 gw 22.214.171.124 dev
# route add -net 126.96.36.199 netmask 255.255.0.0 gw 188.8.131.52 dev
In about a day or so (once the blacklisting is over), I'll delete the
Tom Collins - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
QmailAdmin: http://qmailadmin.sf.net/ Vpopmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: