Nick,
> I'd flip this around
I just posted the same thing ;)

>when a user sets
>up a vacation we place an entry in our central DB which drives the web
>interface, and then build the .qmail immediately so that it immediately
>begins working.

Well, it would be nice to get this working from horde, the only thing is I'm
not that great in php, and I don't know how to manipulate the filesystem

>I can check with our legal department about whether I can share the
>code, however its really pretty trivial to implement in
>perl/php/python/etc.

Again, since I don't really know php that well, it would be nice if you
could share the code that's responsible for writing the .qmail file.
Unless of couse, this isn't in php. ;)