Wouter van der Schagt wrote:

Good afternoon, I have the following problem

I am runing Qmail + VPopmail On Debian Sarge with kernel 2.4.27

When I do "telnet localhost 110" I get a prompt, but when I enter a correct
username / password combination, i get:

USER <username>
OK
PASS <password>
Connection closed by foreign host.

When I enter a false combination, I get an error message. I have enabled
verbose logging in vpopmail and get all authentication attempts and can
see they are succesful, so im assuming vpopmail is doing its job.

When I look at my /service/qmail-pop3d/run script:
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 4000000 \
   /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l 0 0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup \
       `hostname` /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir
2>&1

Where i also didnt see anything wrong. I have checked permissions with my
production servers which are running the same installation and they all
appear the same.

Both hosts.deny and hosts.allow don't contain anythning

Any ideas what i can do to get my pop working ?
Hi,

For fun try removing the softlimit (or really increase it) and see what happens.

Mine is the same as yours except I have no softlimit and I run it as user root, group root (-u 0 -g 0, because I have separate users for some domains with system quotas)

Regards,

Rick