Tijs Zwinkels wrote:

Hey vpop-mailers! :),

I am currently trying to use vpopmail 2.4.12 with mysql authentication.
I want to store the mail in the user-directories, to make mail count for the system-quota's. Therefore i'm using the vadddomain -u flag.

Both in the qmail-send log when trying to send a message
( vmysql:_can't_read_settings_from_/var/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql/vdelivermail
:_deferred,_database_down/ )
as in the qmailadmin error_log when trying to logon
( vmysql: can't read settings from /var/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql)

I'm getting errors about not being able to read the vpopmail.mysql file.

For domain created without the -u option, or if i make the vpopmail.mysql file world readable, everything works fine.

It seems that both qmailadmin and the delivery process 'setuid' to the user that's receiving the mail. The problem is: the vpopmail.mysql file isn't readable by 'normal' users. Nor i want it to be readable by my users: With the information in this file, they could logon and alter the database for every user on the system!

Any ideas on how to handle this?

Thanks in Advance,

Tijs Zwinkels
Mindconnect
Hi,

I do the same thing here and I run qmail-smtpd as root. Otherwise it doesn't work as you have seen.

Regards,

Rick