At 23.45 09/09/2005, you wrote:

 I'm currently working on moving my mail server to another box.  I have
copied the database, rcpt files, /home/vpopmail/domains over. with the
new qmail setup I have decided to use chkuser 2.0.  I'm not recieving any
errors adding domains, adding users, or using vuserinfo. qmail starts
without any errors however; upon recieving test emails (telent localhost
25) it says that the domains I have added don't exist.  I'm using default
chkuser_settings.h file except that I enabled debuging and debug stderr.

Heres my run command. I am using my mysql patch for tcpserver so you wont
see the /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp file.  This works PERFECTLY without
chkuser. Before -u was 92 and -g was 91. its not set to vpopmail

As chkuser reads qmail/vpopmail control files, if it runs as non privileged user it will never be able to read any control file.

You must be sure the running UID/GID may read files.

If you log as root and run ./qmail-smtpd directly, you can enter the same commands as you did telnetting, but chkuser will act as root and will read everything. If it works, it means you must use appropriated UID/GID.

If you have multiple users, then you must use root as uid (using uid switching for additional security if you are not using TLS).


export QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/"
exec /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -p -R -S -u98 -g98 -v -c100 0 smtp
/usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd -r /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>

-r-sr-sr-x  1 qmaild nofiles 95620 Sep  9 18:05 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd

Reply via email to