On Sep 15, 2005, at 6:57 AM, Bruno Negrao wrote:
I dare to say that you wouldn't have to recompile chkuser *every* time you upgrade vpopmail. Does someone disagree?

You are correct. Technically you only need to recompile if code that accesses the user list or aliases changes. This can include configuration changes or bugfixes to that code.

To be safe, recompiling is best.

I believe that someone attempted to build libvpopmail as a dynamic lib. I'm not sure how successful they were, but if someone would like to try doing it again, I think it would be a step in the right direction.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: sniffter.com