On Oct 4, 2005, at 7:09 PM, Bill Wichers wrote:
The trouble is that we tag, but don't block, most of
the spam since our customers don't want us to "maybe cost a sale" by
blocking something that shouldn't be blocked.

I've been using simscan to block messages that score 8 or higher for at least 3 months now, and haven't had a single complaint. The result is we're blocking 57% of the inbound email, which greatly reduces the load all around (fewer calls to vdelivermail, less load from users downloading the spam, etc.)

Based on my logs, we could block 50% by dropping at 12+. I can't believe that there would be a legitimate message scoring a 12+ that I would not want to miss.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: sniffter.com