On Oct 28, 2005, at 12:27 PM, Rick Root wrote:
My question is... is there a better way than the steps I described above?

As Rick Macdougall said, rsync is your friend. You can run it once while everything is live, then stop qmail and run it again to sync up anything that changed since the first run. Very slick.

I wrote some scripts to aid in migrating to a new server, and Paul Kremer recently prettied them up. Give them a shot, they should make the migration go fairly smoothly. They automate the procedure, and even include the multiple calls to rsync, along with vadddomain on the new server, etc.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vchkpw@inter7.com/msg22410.html

I recommend adding a dummy domain on your old server and use it as a dry run for the migration scripts.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: sniffter.com