Never allow relay.  Only allow 127.0.0.1  (localhost) to send email using SMTP.  when your users authenicate the message will relay from localhost and not their IP address.  This also prevents servers from using your SMTP server to route messages through it.

When SMTP auth is enabled, you will need to configure your email client like outlook, outlooke express etc MY SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENICATION for the outbound SMTP server settings.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Jeff Norris
~ Web Hosting ~ VPN Solutions ~ Network Management ~
Design, deploy, kick ass.

NorrisTechs dot net
http://www.norristechs.net
AOL IM or Yahoo IM: ntshelper

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dear All,

ok i know how to force users to provide username and password(ofcourse
using jms's patch) for sending mail but what about the servers on the
internet how they'll send mails to this server can i excluded say any ip
to not be authenticated.

Regards

RM