I've never run into this before, but then I've never needed the functionality. I have a script that processes mail from a Maildir, and then sends a reply to the sender. Currently I call qmail-inject to send the reply (I've tried /var/qmail/bin/sendmail with the same results).

Everything works as far as the message going out, however valias is not processed. .qmail-<sender> is processed, so I have a fix. But I would really prefer to use valias, as I nearly never have a .qmail-<user> file anymore.

Do I need to get a clue or something here? I've checked google with no luck.