> Yes, here are changes. I've already tried them and it works. Just
studying the name of calls it may be adapted to Postgres also (it should
be enough to use vauth_open() ).
> In chkuser_settings.h enable
> and add one of the following lines:
> /* use this if you are using replicated MySQL, with read access */
#define CHKUSER_VAUTH_OPEN_CALL vauth_open
> or
> /* use this if you are using standalone MySQL, with readwrite access */
#define CHKUSER_VAUTH_OPEN_CALL vauth_open_update
FYI - with MySQL it's vauth_open_read not vauth_open.  I'm thinking of
submitting a patch to vpopmail to unify the call, so that it can be
published globally.  It would be nice if vauth_open would work no matter
what the backend auth mechanism...

> Another comment on side effects of restarting MySQL.
> Courier auth daemon must be restarted, because it does not try to reopen
any MySQL connection.
> It would be nice to have a simple perl script monitoring MySQL (an
attach every x minutes), and in case of problem:
>          - running a script for shutting down Courier and other mail
> services
>          - stopping/restarting MySQL
>          - running a script for restarting all mail services
Does authdaemon die if it loses its connection to MySQL?  If so why not
just run it under daemontools.  If not, perhaps it should...

I haven't looked at authdaemon/courier-imap v4 lately, but I dislike the
mechanism somewhat because there's no way to get the TCPREMOTEIP info from
the imap daemon to vpopmail, which I use to determine if I even need to
update the relay table (I don't if it's in my permanently allowed subnet,
or from my local webmail server...) which saves time on heavily loaded

Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division
You can't win; You can't break even; You can't even quit the game.
  - Layman's translation of the Laws of Thermodynamics