Tonino,

Thank you, but I couldn't find anything on the system to make me think
that it is using chkuser.

Its using qpsmtpd which uses plugin check_delivery.
Check_delivery calls a script called vpopmail_user_check.pl which
performs "vuserinfo -d $address 2>&1". This returns an error because it
cannot talk to the database. I'm walking through all of the code now to
see if I can work with or change the return codes.

I'm sorry if I sound clueless, but I'm still trying to figure this
system out.

Thanks again for the quick reply! Looks like it helped others too.

Jenn