On 2/18/06, Rick Macdougall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Muhammad Naeem wrote:
> > Now there is another issue and that is lets suppose that i have a user
> > whose mailbox size is 1MB and if i send a test email to that account
> > containing an attachment of 1.5MB means more than the size of its
> > mailbox the mail gets deferred and stuck in the qmail queue and qmail
> > logs it:
> >
> > 2006-02-18 11:15:00.290014500 delivery 7: deferral:
> > user_is_over_quota//usr/local/bin/maildrop:_Unable_to_open_mailbox./
> >
> > what i want is to return this oversize email to sender immediately
> > with a message like "user is over quota"
> >
> > I don't know how to implement this, i will be obliged if you can help
> > me out in this regard.
> >

> Hi,
>
> You can use the CHKUSER_MBXQUOTA variable. Example below
>
> :allow,QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",CHKUSER_MBXQUOTA="97"
>

> Regards,
>
> Rick

Yes i am already using this line in my /etc/tcp.smtp but the mail is
not returned immediately to the sender infact it gets queued and qmail
keeps on trying to deliver it in the mailbox until the queuelifetime
expired.I want to send it back immediately. My /etc/tcp.smtp line is:

:allow,QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue",CHKUSER_MBXQUOTA="95"

I am using CHKUSER_MBXQUOTA="95" the mail will be returned to the
sender during smtp negotiation if the user's mailbox is already 95%
full and if lets say the mailbox is 70% full and the total mailbox
size is 1MB and i send a mail of size 500KB to that mailbox the mail
will be queued and returned to the sender after the expiry of
queuelifetime.

I hope i have clear the situation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards