> -----Original Message-----
> From: Oliver A. Rojo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:26 PM
> To: Vpopmail Mailing List
> Subject: [vchkpw] vpopmail + ldap problem
> 
> 
> Im having a problem with integrating vpopmail with ldap. I've already 
> installed everything...
> 
> What I did:
> 
> 1. I set these options on vldap.h before compile
> #define VLDAP_SERVER "localhost"
> #define VLDAP_PORT LDAP_PORT
> #define VLDAP_USER "cn=vpopmailuser, o=vpopmail"
> #define VLDAP_PASSWORD "vpoppasswd"
> #define VLDAP_BASEDN "o=vpopmail"
> 
> 2. My compile options
> --enable-auth-module=ldap
> 
> 3. Copied the file slapd.conf and qmailUser.schema from the vpopmail 
> ldap directory to ldap etc/ and schema/ directory
> 4. Successful creation of vpopmail database
> ldapadd -f vpopmail.ldif -x -w vpoppasswd 
> -D'cn=vpopmailuser,o=vpopmail'
> 
> The problem is when I add a virtual domain
> 
> /home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain mydomain.com
> 
> I get an error saying:
> 
> Error: Object class violation (65)
>         additional info: object class 'qmailUser' requires 
> attribute 'sn' Failed while attempting to add user to auth backend
> Error: (vadduser) no auth connection
> 
> What seems to be the problem here? Did I missed something?
> 
> Please help!
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> -- 
> 
> 
> Oliver A. Rojo
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ______________________________________________________________
> 
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential 
> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to 
> whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error 
> please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or 
> opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author 
> and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, 
> the recipient should check this email and any attachments for 
> the  presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any 
> damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.



I am new to LDAP, so I am not sure what I might have possibly broken.
The way I stopped that error from happening was to edit the schemas.
I changed sn and cn from must to may in the Person directive in
core.schema.

Jennifer
 

Reply via email to