Jeremy Kister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm using qmail and vpopmail in a rather large environment. I've always
got several hundred messages in my queues because of unparsable header
fields.

delivery 50391: deferral:
qmail-inject:_fatal:_unable_to_parse_this_line:/Return-Path:_Received:_from_wctc.net.airstream.mail8.psmtp.com_(wctc.net.airstream.mail8.psmtp.com_[63.240.161.100])_by_mx1.extreme-hosting.net_with_smtp;_mrt,_24_2006_3:13:50_-0100/system_error/

I do not want to fixup broken messages with new-inject, and I because
qmail-inject is giving a fatal error, vdelivermail should also.
It should be noted that this is saying that the header is invalid.  Note return-path is blank, and fails to contain a newline.  I'd fix the problem- being whatever is accepting this mail message into your queue in the first place.

We sometimes get these when people try to inject into php scripts by making a from address contain newlines and the programmer is an idiot and doesn't check this.  In theory, qmail-smtpd should turn down the message when it comes in.  So I guess the question is where is it coming from?

I wouldn't 'fix' this header, as it's malformed to start with.

-M