I've searched and searched because I was certain that this question has been asked and answered a thousand times, but I'm sorry to say I can't find what I'm looking for - so I'll turn to the mail list.

I have two qmail servers, one for everyday production use and the second strictly as a failover device. I figure I need to have a common mailstore between the two so I decided I'll use an NFS server.

From the FAQ it reads:
This program [vadddomain] does the following:
        updates /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
        updates /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
        updates /var/qmail/users/assign
        updates /var/qmail/users/cdb
        runs /var/qmail/bin/qmail-newu

        sends hup signal to qmail-send to accept new domain

So I have /home/vpopmail/domains, /var/qmail/control/, /var/qmail/ users on my NFS.

If on 10.0.0.1 I do "vadddomain example.com pass"
it will create the domain and I can use my MUA to send/receive against 10.0.0.1

If I then set my MUA up to send/receive against 10.0.0.2 it fails and the logs report: vpopmail[4034]: vchkpw-smtp: vpopmail user not found [EMAIL PROTECTED]:10.5.4.41

I have to delete / add the domain on 10.0.0.2 to get it to work - but then 10.0.0.1 will give me the same error.

I know this is something really simple that I'm missing but ANY help/ ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt