At 19.09 16/08/2006, you wrote:
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:07:28 -0700 Tom Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I've noticed some spam sending hosts, which use e.g. localhost/
> > 127.0.0.1
> > as their sender MX. When my mailserver tries to verify the sending
> > account via bounce check (connecting to 127.0.0.1), the rcpt to:
> > check is ok, because chkuser accepts "unknown" rcpt to's from
> > localhost. Is there a settings to get rid of that?
>
> Better would be a patch to qmail-smtpd that only accepted localhost
> and 127.0.0.1 as the HELO name on connections from 127.0.0.1.  I
> don't know enough about chkuser to answer your original question.

This would be one possibility but in this case the mail is already in
the local queue - what we try to prevent. I think an extended chkuser
patch is the better way. While chkuser already checks for an existing
MX-record it could easily test the received A-Record against
127.0.0.0/8, RFC1918 or in case of a fqdn is it resolveable at all.

If you send me more details on how check should be done, I could try to put in in 2.0.10 version of chkuser.

Ciao,

Tonino

regards,
Lars Uhlmann