Remo Mattei wrote:
what options do you have in your apache settings for the cgi directory?
If you would not cut the original post in your reply, than you would still see it ;-)
How can we help if we do not see that?

For your convenience I have copied the original part again here:

I get following picture displayed:

*Authentication Failed Username unknown*

**vQadmin was unable to determine your username, which
means your webserver is improperly configured to run
with this CGI.  For security reasons, this script
will not run without Apache htaccess lists.

vqadmin <http://www.inter7.com/vqadmin/> 2.3.6

vpopmail <http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/> 5.4.13**

httpd.conf includes:

<Directory "/srv/www/vhosts/xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/vqadmin">
  deny from all
  Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride AuthConfig
  Order deny,allow
</Directory>

# cat /srv/www/vhosts/xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/vqadmin/.htaccess AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /srv/www/vqadmin.passwd
AuthName vQadmin
require valid-user
satisfy any

# cat /srv/www/vqadmin.passwd xx4admin:B.f/I7zxxxx.

What do I miss?

bye

Ronald

Remo

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
Austin Jorden wrote:
I cannot see that!!!
I have a

/srv/www/vhosts/xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/vqadmin/.htaccess     for the web site

and

AuthUserFile /srv/www/vqadmin.passwd    where the passwords are stored.

I made another test:
I copied the .htaccess to another website into the htdocs directory
and added the lines into httpd.conf for this directory. And it works
there!

Either vpopmail or apache does not like to handle the .htaccess file
in the cgi-directory.

Any thoughts?

bye

Ronald