Hi All,

I have an auditor who is telling me that allowing non-SMTP-AUTHd clients
to use a valid local user in MAIL FROM: is a potential spoof, and a
security vulnerability.

I just can't fathom how that is.

As I understand it, MAIL FROM is only used for returning undeliverable
mail.  So, yes, I'm sure we've all been joe-jobbed, but he's talking
about on my own server.  Since I'm using tcpserver, I really have total
control over what would be a 'local joe-job'.

Supposedly it'll be in the pen-test report, but I haven't even been
given a theoretical on how this is an issue.

Can anyone else come up with one?

Rick