aichains wrote:

Hello friends,

I've spent some time recently walking through vpopmaild commands, and in doing so I've put all my work onto the vpopmaild wiki page.

I've included sections on feature requests, and "bugs" that I came across (bugs _may_ be defined as features I do not understand how to use).

The updates I made are geared towards a programmer attempting to implement a GUI replacement for qmailadmin, centered around vpopmaild.

I would very much appreciate any input and further documentation that can be added to this web page.

Please read, critique, update, flame...whatever:

http://qmailwiki.inter7.com/Vpopmaild

Looks good to me...

Error codes are currently all xxx, but someday when all the things in the todo are done (hopefully I'll get some time for it one of these days) they are supposed to be numbered sequentially throughout the source file, so every error message has a unique number.

 rm_dir /full/path/to/dir<crlf>

    * Not sure what you might use this for...

One possibility, to delete a mail robot, you will have to remove its directory. There are a number of operations that are not well covered, and a number of things in the toto that you currently have to do by hand.

 find_domain domain [per-page]<crlf>

* Someone tell me what the page # is, I guess I don't have enough domains added to this test box right now to see it in action.

Say you have 10,000 domains, and you are displaying them 20 to a page. (So you set per-page to 20 when you call this.) Now lets say you want to display the page that contains example.com as the result of a search operation, you use this function to find the correct page without having to download 10,000 domains and count them until you find the right page. Once you have the page number you can use

Note that in list_domains and list_users there are parameters for page and per_page. You should pick a per_page value and stick to it. You can then use the page parameter to select which page of the result set to display.

This feature along with vpopmail now internally sorting doman and user names allows you to work with very large sets of users without having to retrieve all the data before displaying it.

!DSPAM:455470a527418933946313!