Tom Collins wrote:
On Dec 5, 2006, at 4:13 PM, Rick Macdougall wrote:
Interesting. Do you have any idea what the remote email server was ? (The actual MTA I mean).

Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.1830

Maybe an older version of Exchange that needs to be updated?

I don't think so. They use a 5.0.x version internally at the office here and that has no problems.

I'm thinking it's more likely that an aggressive sysadmin lowered some timeouts somewhere.

It's still a simscan/qmail problem though as that should be caught and the mail not delivered.

How ever, I haven't had one call since implementing the patch and we were getting at least one a week before that.

Rick