Thanks to everyone who has commented on the threads '5.4.17 patches' and '.vpopmail-* instead of .qmail-*'. After all that I've decided to think about it some more. :)

First, the status of 5.4.18. I believe I now have everything together that will be going into the next release in CVS. If anyone has any other patches that need to be included, this is your last chance. The things that have made it into the release:

    4 5.4.18 - unreleased
    5
    6   Drew
    7   - add .qmail-extension ability to vdelivermail
    8   - mods to Delivered-To: header to support .qmail-extension
    9
   10   John Simpson - vpopmaild:
   11   - onchange - call a script when users or domains are changed
   12     see README.onchange.
   13   - cslogin - Compact and silent login options for vpopmaild
   14     note: don't blame John for problems in this, I changed a
   15     lot to make it fit with other changes. rww
   16
   17   Tijs Zwinkels
   18   - vmysql: add missing mysql_free_result to fix mem leak.
   19
   20   Tom Collins
   21   - vdelivermail: Add missing loop check.
   22   - vchangepw: Minor changes to Peter's error checking. [1573277]
   23
   24   Rick Widmer
   25   - Multiple changes to vpopmaild:
   26     Add rename_file command.
   27     Expert mode works in vmoduser.
   28     Commands that are not yet implemented say so.
   29     Blank input lines are not an error in vpopmaild.
   30     Separate help before and after login in vpopmaild.
   31     Allow 3 tries to login to vpopmaild.
   32     Clean up if add_user fails because of bad user data.
   33     Add termination code (.) to get_lastauth return.
   34     Number the error messages (XXX) in vpopmaild
   35     If invalid option is sent in set_limits, show warning
   36   - Add various patches from others listed below:
   37
   38   Peter Pentchev (roamer)
   39   - Various sanity checks and minor optimizations [1573292]
   40   - Fix child handling - waitpid and sys/wait.h [1573288]
   41   - Dynamicallly allocate sortdata[] in vpopmail.c [1573287]
   42   - Include ctype.h in the PostgreSQL backend [1573284]
43 - Set SHELL in vdelivermail before executing external programs [1573280]
   44   - Some more error checking in vchangepw [1573277]
   45   - Improve the vpopmaild documentation [1573269]
   46   - Clean cdb files in the distclean target [1573267]
   47   - Optional building as non-root [1573266]
   48
   49   Trent Lloyd (lathiat)
   50   - Add vailas add/delete/list support to vpopmaild [1555398]
   51   - Refresh assign cache if a domain is deleted [1529744]
   52
   53   Bill Shupp
   54   - Add user_count function to vpopmaild
   55   - Add stat_file function to vpopmaild
   56

I know it compiles both cdb and mysql back ends. I hope to test and improve the documentation this week, but don't promise anything before the weekend. My next email will cover my thoughts on alias handling.