From: Tom Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 December 2006 19:22
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Incorrect From address when using valias

On Dec 20, 2006, at 10:16 AM, John Swarbrick wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] qmail-smtpd]# telnet localhost 25 Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 mx1.testserver.com ESMTP
> HELO me.com
> 250 mx1.testserver.com
> mail from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 250 ok
> rcpt to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 250 ok
> data
> 354 go ahead
> Test
> .
> 250 ok 1166640551 qp 29612
>

> The email correctly arrives in the mailbox [EMAIL PROTECTED] (so the alias
> worked) but the from address is "[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> - why
> isn't the from address [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Because you didn't include any headers in the DATA section of the
SMTP conversation.

Try adding "From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" and "To: John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" and
maybe
even a subject.  Don't forget a blank line before the body ("Test").

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vpopmail - virtual domains for qmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/