From: DAve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:49 AM
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] NFS Clustering

Nicholas Harring wrote:
If you haven't yet bought hardware for the NFS, NetApp makes this a snap with SnapMirror. I don't remember all of the ins and outs, but its perfect for situations like this, its very bandwidth efficient, and its got the same bullet-proof reliability their
products are known for.

We currently use a Solaris Enterprise 250, old, but stone cold reliable. I'll need something in the other NOC. I've not looked at NetAPP.

Otherwise I'd think your SAN vendor should have some form of block level replication available.
This is where I am headed. We are looking at SANiq (Lefthand Networks) which can do volume replication in realtime. I am thinking that a NFS server in each location, sharing a iSCSI volume, would be worth looking into. Let the SAN keep the two volumes in sync and let NFS handle the multiple access to the volume.

Hope that helps,
Absolutely, thanks.

DAve

Nick