I see that there are two different ways to add domains to the vpopmail system. Through MySql statements and also through the vadddomain command. Which is the best practice?

Our system is set up to have a single table for each domain. So, I could write a MySql statement that would create a new table. For the MySql command route, I am not sure of all the tables that need to be hit or is just creating the new domain table good enough. Or, I could also use sudo so that a user could run the needed commands.
Which should I do?  Any scripts or commands would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul