One of the new tricks spammers are using is placing their spammy text in
an image and trying to bypass Bayesian scanning with junk text. The
pharma and stock spams seem to be particularly fond of this tactic.

I've been using the FuzzyOCR plugin for SpamAssassin
(http://fuzzyocr.own-hero.net/) to combat this. It has worked very well,
but does require a bit of setup to get going.