Hi,
effectively, if i remember correct, the default inactivity timeout of mysql session is 28800 seconds (8 hours). Any way i don't think it is the most efficient solution to put the timeout to zero. What happen if the mysql server restart or something like this?? I think is better to have the courier-authlib to check if the connection is
still alive and in case it is not to reconnect.
IMHO
Bye,
Marcello

Rick Macdougall wrote:
Dave Johnson wrote:
Hi All

Sorry for the cross posting.
I am not such whether it is a MYSQL, IMAP or Vpopmail problem.

Platform Info

6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Wed Mar 21 22:00:47
Qmail
php5-5.2.1_3
php5-mysqli-5.2.1_3
mysql-server-5.0.37 courier-authlib-base-0.59.1
courier-authlib-vchkpw-0.59.1
courier-imap-4.1.2,1 IMAP
Squirrelmail

The problem

Every 8 hrs the Squirrelmail facility stops functioning and users get
the following message:

        Unknown User or Password Incorrect

We are have to restart the server every 8 hrs for SQUIRRELMail to work
properly.

Hi,

MySQL 5.x closes the courier-authlib connection after a certain period of inactivity. You need to change the inactive timeout in the my.cnf to 0 (zero) to make sure it never closes the connection.

Regards,

Rick