Robin Bowes wrote:
Rick Macdougall wrote:
Robin Bowes wrote:
Tom Collins wrote:

I understand what you're proposing, but I would suggest that it would
add complexity for little gain. Of course, that would need benchmarking
to establish which is the faster method.

If someone can give me a large dataset, I'm happy to crunch some numbers.

R.

How large ?  5k, 15k, 100k ?

What sort of size of database are folk using in the real world? How many
users?

What's the most common no. of users?

R.

I'm guessing 200 - 2000 but that's based on the servers I manage for clients (around 20 or so).

The biggest installation I manage is around 18k users and I could export that with munged domain names / passwords if you wanted something that big.

Rick