Bah all apologies for the improper English, I was multitasking. :-)
I can rewrite this if it's incomprehensible.

Jeffrey D. Gordon wrote:
Hi I just wanted to follow up (seems like very few people who figure out an issue themselves do):

If anyone else gets this error. Check you vpasswd file for extra \n's and the end of the file. I'd think that this would be more a common problem for everyone. Seems only to have issues with domains with somewhat large amounts of users (499 in this particular domain's case).

After I deleted the trailing newlines the standard vpopmail commandline, qmailadmin & vqadmin tools act more sanely.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
    Jeff