Michael Johnson wrote:
I don't have that file, so I'm using the default (7200 then).

How would this have an effect on POP3 connections?
Michael Johnson                                  909-740-3156 x3163
System Administrator                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PhD Computing                          http://www.phdcomputing.net/

Rick Macdougall wrote:
Michael Johnson wrote:

I've been running into an issue on our mail server recently. As traffic
has been increasing on it, I've been getting the response that I listed
in the subject more often, and now customers are also seeing it (busy
try again later!). Of course, this response causes any mail clients to
prompt for password, making it rather annoying.

Is your timeoutsmtpd set in /var/qmail/control to something lower than
7200 ?  (I'm using 180, I know at least one person on this list is using
60).

Heh, sorry. I just glanced through it and assumed it was an smtp error. I didn't see any mention of pop3 in there.

You could increase the number of allowed pop3 connections though. The default is 40. You can increase it by using the -c xx flag with tcpserver, where xx is your required number of connections.

Regards,

Rick