Vpopmails defaultdomain setting isn't a compiled option. It can be set on the
fly, but as far as I know courier-imap has its own setting for default domain
in the imapd config file. :)

----- Original Message -----
From: Joshua Megerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: vchkpw@inter7.com <vchkpw@inter7.com>
Sent: Tue Nov 06 07:01:41 2007
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Problems with defaultdomain when authenticating from

> Hello there,
> I admin a server running qmail, courier-imap and vpopmail.
> Courier-imap authenticates against vpopmail, using authvchkpw.
> I recently tried to configure defaultdomain but it doesnt work on IMAP. It
> works for POP though.
If you reconfigured vpopmail and rebuilt it, but didn't rebuild
courier-imap/authdaemon, you're still using the old vpopmail library.  If
you're using qmail's pop3 daemon, it uses vchkpw directly, which is why it
works.  Remember to ALWAYS rebuild EVERYTHING that links against vpopmail
(including qmail, if you're using CHKUS(E)R) anytime you rebuild

Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division
You can't win; You can't break even; You can't even quit the game.
  - Layman's translation of the Laws of Thermodynamics