________________________________
From: Jeff Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:24:18 -0600
To: <vchkpw@inter7.com>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Conversation: [vchkpw] OT - Preferred File Systems
Subject: [vchkpw] OT - Preferred File Systems

We're setting up a new mailserver with a Gigabyte i-ram drive to handle the
qmail queue, and qmail logs. The i-ram drive uses standard DDR modules, has
a battery backup and is lightning fast - much faster than solid state
drives. We'll use SATA RAID for the maildirs and remainder of the server.

I'd like to get some input on the best filesystem for the i-ram drive. EXT3
is out because writes are slowed to the speed of a hard drive. I'm leaning
towards reiserfs or xfs. However, I've read (wikipedia) that reiserfs is
easily corrupted. xfs seems the best.

Anyone have any comments of suggestions.

Best Regards,

Jeff Koch, Intersessions

!DSPAM:476bec2f310541617020193!