ahlist wrote:
Hi,

I have a vpopmail 5.4.25 install.

When a user logs in with pop3, /home/vpopmail/etc/open-smtp is updated
but /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb is not

I have many identical vpopmail installs which work correctly. Here is
what is different on this one:

redhat enterprise 5 (most are on enterprise 3)
vpopmail 5.4.25 (others are all vpopmail 5.2)

I configure with:

./configure --enable-ip-alias-domains=y --enable-roaming-users=y
--enable-passwd=y

tcprules exists at :

/usr/local/bin/tcprules
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16608 Mar 12 23:33 /usr/local/bin/tcprules

/etc/tcp.smtp
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 30 Mar 12 23:33 /etc/tcp.smtp

also exists.

I'm a bit stuck on this one. Not sure why it is not updating.

Can someone tell me the procedure to test from STDIN? Perhaps I could
get it to display an error indicating why it is not updating the cdb
file.

Check the vpopmail config.h file for the location of the tcp.smtp file.

The vpopmail config program checks several directories to locate the
tcp.smtp file. If /etc/tcp.smtp exists I think the configure script
will find that one first.

The config.h file has the details of which tcp.smtp file is used.

--
Ken Jones