I just found a chkuser bug, which I will try to fix if the author doesn't beat
me to it :)

Bounce messages (i.e., from <>) are accepted for non-existant remote
recipients.  In our case, we have a rogue client who we used to perform
secondary MX services for and stopped because 99% of the mail was spam that
they were rejecting and leaving us to bounce.  Unfortunately, no matter how
many times we try, they refuse to remove the secondary MX record that lists
us, so we get lots of messages sent to us that we reject because the domain
is not in any of our control files.  However, I noticed a couple of bounce
messages for them in our queue today, and upon further investigation found
that CHKUSER had allowed the null sender to relay despite the user being
non-existant on the system.  Even more interestingly, it seems to be a random
occasional thing - I see other bounces (including one to the same user)
getting rejected.  The only difference I see is that they are coming from
different hosts out of google, but that's all I can say.  Here's the CHKUSER
log messages for one accept and on reject for the same user:

@40000000480f8d7f04132104 15437 CHKUSER relaying rcpt: from <::> remote
<:fg-out-1718.google.com:72.14.220.157> rcpt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> : client
allowed to relay
@40000000480f94c100eddc94 18912 CHKUSER rejected relaying: from <::> remote
<:nf-out-0910.google.com:64.233.182.189> rcpt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> : client not
allowed to relay

Any ideas?

Josh
--
Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division

!DSPAM:48149113120507223516693!