Is the command executed inside Apache?
So the user executing the command is the apache user, and not vpopmail.

Mitja Pirih ha scritto:

Yes, the file exists. The permissions are also OK.

# ls -l /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql
-rw-r----- 1 vpopmail vchkpw 45 Aug 7 14:01 /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql

# cat /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql

# mysql -h localhost -u vpopmailuser -pvpoppasswd vpopmail
Your MySQL connection id is 7
Server version: 5.0.51a-log OpenBSD port: mysql-server-5.0.51a

mysql> quit

Other ideas?

Thank you,

Wouter van der Schagt wrote:

Does the file exist ? it should have permissions 640 and owned by vpopmail:vchkpw in a standard installation. The file itself contains mysql login settings like (example contents below).

# Line 1 defines the connection to use for database reads,
# Line 2 defines the connection to use for database updates/writes.
# If you omit line 2, then the same settings will be
# used for both read and write.
# settings for each line:
# host|port|user|password|database
# Note:
#   The value of host may be either a hostname or an IP address.
#   If host is 'localhost', then sockets (Unix) or named pipes (Windows)
#   will be used instead of TCP/IP to connect to the server.

I hope this can help, it works for me, im not getting any error messages.

- Wouter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitja Pirih" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>