On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Matt Brookings <m...@inter7.com> wrote:

> aledr wrote:
>> I updated my spec files and tested:
>>
>>    - Seems to be a wrong check against MD5 support on x86_64 systems;
>
> I updated the MD5 check because it was already having an issue on some
> older systems.  I'm pretty sure I tested it on a 64bit system.  Is it
> failing?
>
> Can you post the config.log section related to the MD5 check, and if
> possible, post the output of the C program it's running?
>
> Thanks!

I think I found another problem: configure is not checking for
"--enable-auth-login", if always show it OFF.

Here is the section for MD5 on a x86_64 system:

config.log
configure:7344: checking whether md5-passwords is enabled
configure:7359: result: yes
configure:7368: checking whether system supports MD5 passwords
configure:7411: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c -ldl -lcrypt  >&5
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:145: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
configure:7414: $? = 0
configure:7420: ./conftest
./configure: line 7421: 29575 Segmentation fault      ./conftest$ac_exeext
configure:7423: $? = 139
configure: program exited with status 139
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */

>>    - mkdir and chown statements will not be allowed on chroot
>> environments (outside DESTDIR).
>
> How should the mailstore directory be created then?  Should the
> build system just assume it's there?
>
>> I'll make a more detailed report and patches.
>
> I need to make some further changes to the build system, so if you
> could just get me details, that'd be great.

I'll write a new mail to discuss about the packaging process, I need
just a few hours to solve some problems.

Thanks for your efforts!

--
[ ]'s
Aledr - Alexandre