From: James Cox <ja...@imaj.es>
To: vchkpw@inter7.com <vchkpw@inter7.com>
Sent: Thu Jun 11 04:47:52 2009
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] smtp auth with chkuser problems

On 10 Jun 2009, at 22:41, James Cox wrote:

                Patch in Shupp toaster is taken from Erwin Hoffmann's SMTP-AUTH
(http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html).
                qmail 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 should be extremely similar and I wonder
if it is worth using 1.0.6.

        Weird, i installed the patch with Erwin's smtp-auth, and have ended up
with failed auths:

        Jun 10 16:39:21 reason vpopmail[7505]: vchkpw-smtp: vpopmail user not
found james.es@:86.13.225.60

        when authing with username "ja...@imaj.es"

all,

halps!

throwing this in again - chkuser + krystopf's smtp auth ends up spitting random
log stuff into the smtp stream. now i'm seeing simscan messages after turning
logging off for chkuser. So somehow either my service scripts or some patch to
netqmail has caused errant bleeding of log messages into the smtp stream, which
is of course weird and broken.

I tried Erwin's smtp auth (fehcom) thinking this is where the problem lies- but
alas, i can't auth at all there.

anyone able to help shed some more light for me?
thanks.

james

!DSPAM:4a30fdd432661702533441!