Christopher Chan ha scritto:
Alessio Cecchi wrote:

this is my situation, one qmail+vpopmail(MySQL)+dovecot server that works like an MX record and provide access on mailbox via POP3 or IMAP.

Another server with postfix and SASL for SMTP-Auth only, with SASL that query the vpopmail DB for user authentication.

My intention is to set a query into SASL for use the same flags for SMTP-Auth that read vpopmail and qmail.

Do you run dovecot? If you do, just make use of dovecot's sasl provisions. That is supported by postfix.

yes I run dovecot and I know the SASL + Postfix features, but on the qmail server, postfix is on another server.

qmail + vpopmail with mysql backend + dovecot with vpopmail native authentication ("passdb checkpassword" and "args = /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw")

postfix + SASL that read users from mysql on server1

How can postfix access to dovecot SASL auth mechanis?

I could install dovecot on server2, but dovecot can check vpopmail flags on when run with "passdb checkpassword" and "args = /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw" and in the same server with vpopmail binary.

Or not?
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS ->
on LinkedIn ->