atomdeb...@gmail.com wrote:

When I cat /var/log/qmail/smtpd/current I can see the many entries where I connected from my laptop while outside the local network, but there's nothing there that looks like an error or problem. When I tail -f /var/log/maillog and watch it while I attempt to send from my laptop, nothing new is appended to the maillog. If I enable SMTP-AUTH in my e-mail client on my laptop and then try to send, I can't authenticate, and /var/log/maillog DOES get updated with the error "vchkpw-smtp: system user shadow entry not found [my username]:[my laptop's dynamic IP address]" And yet, if I cat /etc/shadow, I can see the entry for that username.

When using SMTP-AUTH, you username will be your full email address if its a virtual domain. Your better off sticking to smtp-auth rather than roaming users, which is pop-before-smtp unless things have changed that im not aware of.

Shane

!DSPAM:4af9348c32711719792328!