On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, atomdeb...@gmail.com wrote:

Ah, here's a little bit of progress.  I gave ownership of vchkpw to
root:vchkpw, and setuid on it:

%chown root:vchkpw /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw

%chmod 4711 /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw

Now I authenticate while using SMTP-AUTH... which is great, since it's more
secure than the roaming users thing.

Unfortunately, I still get the error about the recipient not being listed in
rcpthosts: "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts."

One issue I've had with vpopmail and roaming is the location of the tcp.smtp.cdb file. For example, FreeBSD ports wants to put in in /var/etc/vpopmail, or some bizarre place like that. Do a search on the file and make sure there's only one of them and check the time stamp, to make sure it's being updated every time somebody POPs in.

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
u...@3.am                                                           http://3.am